PESL's model for producing engaging online resources foregrounds the academic voice in strategy, content production and the screen environment.
PESL Management Board
PESL MB ensured an academic-led development agenda, whilst aligning with the HE agenda and integrating PESL with relevant University initiatives.
- Dr Rachel Scudamore, Professional Development (Chair)
- Dr Stephen Hibberd, School of Mathematical Sciences
- Dr Gordon Joyes, School of Education
- Dr Wyn Morgan, Director of Learning and Teaching
- David Burns, Professional Development
PESL Editorial Board
PESL Editorial Board, drawn from academics across faculties, reviewed proposed resources to make sure that content resonates with real teaching concerns and allows critical evaluation of teaching practice.
- Chris Barnatt, Business School
- Dr Ian Duce, Biology
- Dr Andrew Fisher, Philosophy
- Dr Matt Green, English Studies
- Dr Cliff Litton, Mathematical Sciences
- Dr Fiona McCandless, Nursing, Midwifery & Physiotherapy
- Sarah Westwater-Wood, Nursing, Midwifery & Physiotherapy
The Editorial Board have issued submission guidelines (MS Word, 183Kb) outlining what they were looking for in potential PESL resources.
"Most viewed" and "Also viewed" lists on the Teaching at Nottingham website are compiled overnight from activity across PESL websites.
Viewing PESL videos
The videos are available in two formats, one to suit people with computers that have Windows Media Player installed and one to suit those who are using a Mac with Quicktime Player installed.
In either case you will only see the videos if you have reasonably recent versions of a web browser and the media player software installed. If not, you will see a still from the video, along with a transcript so that you can read what is said.
PESL production tools